Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bill Cosby Is No Longer Welcome In My Home

I blame you Bill Cosby. I think you caused Jello pudding to be so irresistible to kids. I believe your actions led to my kitchen being an unrecognizable mess. I know your endorsement of pudding surreptitiously pulled me to plant the product in my pantry. I bet you revel in my misery. Sitting secure in your pudding pop palace, muttering hilarious one-liners and wearing your knitted sweaters, you could care less that my kids first masterpiece is covered in ants while rotting in a dumpster. Well, for what it's worth, if I ever see Theo Huckstable on the street, I will probably punch him in the back of the head as a result of your actions.


OK, fine, it was not the Coz's idea to turn Rachel's recent playgroup into a pudding painting party, it was Rachel's idea. Everyone must forgive my anger, as I have to admit, the art party looks like it was a great time. I am mostly mad because I had to work and couldn't be a part of it. For her play date, Rach wanted something that the twins could put in their mouths, but that the older kids, Tessa and Ryan, could use to paint. Thus, Micah and Mal's first finger painting experience was born, aided of course, by the Bill Cosby endorsed product.
My little Pudding Picasso and Messy Monet honed their craft on the kitchen floor atop a huge washable tablecloth. A bit (wink, wink) of pudding ended up on the walls, and a little more on Micah's tummy, but all in all the works of art were immaculate. Malorie told me she made a painting of Tyson playing with his toy, and Micah said he painted me a picture of the Cubs winning a baseball game. Then he laughed, because we both know the Cubs can't win anything this year. The Louvre called and wanted to buy one of the paintings to hang in their museum, but by then the flies were all over them, so we just threw them away.

Anyway, Mr. Cosby I apologize for my remarks that began this post. I regret my anger, and recant my threat to punch your fictitious kid in the back of the head. In fact, if you want to send us more paint, I mean pudding, you are welcome to do so. Or, better yet, can you tell me where I can find some Jello Pudding Pops - the vanilla and chocolate swirl kind. Those are the best, and no stores around here carry them.

3 comments:

  1. Alas, it seems to be that Jello no longer makes pudding pops. However, upon searching the internet, it was discovered that Popsicle now makes Pudding Pops! See http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0904/

    And, since Rachel makes the babies' food from scratch, (maybe you do, too, Billy), here's a website with what looks like tasty recipes.

    I hope you took video of the painting party. I wonder if Micah laughed throughout the whole time! They both look like they're having a blast - what a great idea! And I thought Mal and Micah couldn't get any sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops! forgot to add the pudding pop recipe website -

    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/07/kids-week-frozen-pudding-pops.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting the boy didn't clench his little mouth shut for that one.

    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete