Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Out of Nowhere

For weeks now we have been hyping up Micah's walking. He has taken about three steps at a time, and done it four or five times. He is constantly standing, but the last few says his walking has hit a standstill. Now, when he wants to walk he twists at the waist and his feet don't move. During this whole time, Mal has lagged far behind. She doesn't stand very much on her own, and she has never seemed eager to walk, much less do it on her own.

That all changed in the course of a few hours today. When I got home from work, Rachel said, "Mal has been standing up on her own a bunch today. I think she's going to walk soon." Judging by Micah's definition of soon, I figured she meant within the next few weeks, so I went to change out of my uniform. By the time I got back into the room, I had to grab the camera because this was happening. Way to go baby girl, now it's your turn Micah James.


1 comment:

  1. I just watched this 3 times! Oh my goodness, I LOVE this! Way to go, Malorie! I love how she "announced" each step with such gusto! It's so great that you were able to record the first steps. We had just gotten our first camcorder and happened to be playing around with it when Katie took her first steps (27 years ago!). What a great memory to look back on.

    All right, Micah, I think sister has thrown down. Can't wait to see the next video of you walking whenever you think you've had enough of dancing the twist!

    ReplyDelete